OOWA Annual Conference and Trade Show
Make plans to attend the 2015 OOWA Annual Conference and Trade Show on January 14 and 15 at Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center in Mt. Sterling, Ohio. More information and registration forms may be found by clicking on the Annual Conference tab.
Champion Pump Company – Award Luncheon
Union County Soil Research Lab – Vendor Reception
Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
Champion Pump Company
Come for the Conference, Stay for the Rules Test
In accordance with the new sewage treatment rules all registered installers, service providers and septage haulers must meet certain criteria. Beginning with the registration year starting January 1, 2016, proof of completion of at least six ODH approved continuing education hours during the previous calendar year must be included with your renewal application. You must also show proof of compliance with the testing requirements.
The January 2015 OOWA conference offers the opportunity to achieve both of these. The two day conference has 10 hours of educational presentations to choose from and we will proctor the ODH required test at the conclusion of the conference. The test may also be taken without attending the conference; at no charge to OOWA members / a $10 fee for non-members. The test is open book and each participant will be provided with a printed copy of the rules by OOWA.
OOWA Seeks Administrator
Job summary: Responsible for the administration of the Ohio Onsite Wastewater Association. Handle all association communications, record keeping, budget and financial management, and database management. Work with the board of directors, including attendance at all board meetings, taking and managing the minutes, and agenda development.
- Board of directors including election process, new board member orientation, meeting attendance and official minutes
- Liaison to association legal and accounting advisors
- Maintain and backup computer files
- Other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary by board
- Budget development and management
- Manage bank and credit card accounts
- Work with accountant on annual audit
- Maintain membership listing
- Send out and receive annual membership renewals
- Manage website and social media sites
- Work with newsletter editor to develop quarterly newsletter
- Print and distribute association newsletter
- Handle the official correspondence and maintain association phone number
Annual membership meeting:
- Plan the annual meeting
- Work with conference facility on room and meal arrangements
- Organize exhibitors
- Staff registration
Qualifications: High school diploma/GED or greater. Experience in office procedures. Demonstrate ability to set up and manage a website. Bookkeeping skills. Must have office space and all office equipment (computer, printer, FAX/phone).
Position: Part-time, work-from-home position. Approximately 50 hours per month. Salary is based on experience and qualifications. This is a contract position as an independent contractor.
Starting date: May 1, 2015
Directors will begin reviewing submissions January 1, 2015. Current administrator will resign June 1, 2015